Saturday, June 6, 2009

090605

It's been two weeks since I came back to Korea. I had to do many annoying things in here such as finding a flat in Seoul and registering a private school for GRE. I haven't known that I was such an adaptive person. Of course I used to like to stay in a different place, but now it is hard to imagine how the life in Minnesota was in here. It's like I have been here for a long time and haven't been there at all. Right before leaving Minnesota, my friends asked me whether I felt sad about leaving Minnesota. But, it was not really. I had also imagined that I would be so sad as the time got closer. But, I don't know why I didn't that much. It just seems like I could go there someday in near future though I don't have any plan now.

Life in Korea is so boring so far. After I moved to the new house, I didn't contact with my friends in Seoul to focus on studying. I will take the exam for graduate schools in this summer. So, I'm having an uneventful life in Seoul. I could have a good time after I take the exam thought I'm still sorry for myself not to have any time for a rest. The only pleasant thing for me thesedays is to cook food in my own house. I was the person who prefered to wash dishes rather than cooking. But, I'm getting interested in cooking and also surprised that I was not a so-bad- cook than I thought. I would like to cook more complicated cooking if I could get more free time.

The most surprising thing I noticed in Korea is that so many girls are wearing high heels in Korea. I didn't realise that Korean girls were wearing those shoes that much before I went to the USA. It looks uncomfortable and dangerous~! I know how painful to wear high heels is because I was the one of those girls even one year ago. But, at that time, I took it for granted to wear those shoes if I had a plan with my friends or had to visit someone. I think I can't go back to the same days because I've already realised that sneakers are so comfortable. And other notable things are just general things. Subways are so croweded, and everything is in close proximity in Korea so that I can get everything without a car here.

I'll try to upload some pictures of Korea soon.

No comments: